Sunday, January 16, 2011

In class...week 7
Genre= Text types
       1. Narrative = tell story, usually to entertain.
       2. Recounts = personal, factual – tell what happen.
       3. Information reports = provide factual information.
       4. Instruction = tell the listener or reader what to  do.
       5. Explanations = explain how or why something happen.
       6. Expository texts = present or argue viewpoints. 

Examples
ถ้าฉันถูกล๊อกเตอรี ฉันก็รวยแล้ว 
Translation: If I had won the lottery, I would be rich.
ถ้าฉันอ่านหนังสือเมื่อคืนนี้ วันนี้ฉันคงเรียน mixed if clause รู้เรื่อง
Translation: If I had read grammar book last night, I might/could / would understand the content of mixed if clause.
ถ้าจิ้มได้รับข้อความที่ฉันฝากไว้ให้เขาเมื่อชั่วโมงที่แล้ว เขาก็คงกำลังรอพบฉันอยู่แล้วตอนนี้
Translation:If Jim got the message I left him an hour ago, he is waiting for me now.
ถ้าทอมรวย เขาคงซื้อรถคันใหม่แล้ว
Translation: If Tom were rich, he would have bought a new car.

Homework
1.น่าเสียดายที่คุณขับรถไม่เป็น ถ้าคุณขับได้จะเป็นประโยชน์มาก
Translation: Unfortunately you do not drive, if you drive is very helpful.
2.ถ้าเพื่อนคุณออกกำลังกายบ้าง ตอนนี้สุขภาพคงไม่แย่อย่างนี้
Translation: If your friends exercise, now probably would not be healthy.
3.ถ้าฉันอายุน้อยกว่านี้สัก 10 ปี ฉันก็คงไปเที่ยวผับกับพวกเขาแล้ว
Translation: If I was this even younger than 10 years, I would go to pub with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment