Sunday, January 16, 2011

In class...week 6
     The teacher has told a variety of sites to search for students. To be useful in the study of translation. As well as instruction on if clause.
Website
     -www.iEARN.com
     -www.ELLLO.com
     -WWW.VIOWA.EDU
     -www.WEAREBUSYBEAYER.com
     -www.eslflashcards.com
     -www.tlsbookscom/englishworksheets.htm
     -www.learnamericanenglish.com
If clause
1.if+v1,will/may/can+v1(present real)
Example
   (1)If I mist the bus this afternoon, I will catch a taxi instead.
   (2)If I don't understand Translation2 course thorughly, I may fail it.
   (3)If I study hard, you will pass an exam.
   (4)If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I will go to the Ocean.
2.if+v2,would/could,may/might+v1(present unreal)
Example
   (1)If I were Thaksin, I would not fly to America.
   (2)Nobody told me that you were in Hospital, If had know, I would have visited you.
3.if had+v3.would.should.could,might+3(past unreal/impossible)

Homework
1.ถ้าฉันมีเวลา ฉันจะโทรศัพท์ไปหาเธอเย็นนี้

Translation: If I have a time, I will call you this evening.
2.ถ้าหิมะตกในกรุงเทพมหานคร ทุกคนคงจะตกใจ

Translation: If the snows fell in Bangkok, Everyone would be shock.
3.ถ้าเขาไม่พาฉันไปดูหนังเมื่อคืนนี้ ฉันจะเสียใจมากเลย

Translation: If I did not take me to the movies last night, I would be very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment